Re: [Yaffs] [YAFFS] NFS export with YAFFS2 (continued)

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] [YAFFS] NFS export with YAFFS2 (continued)
On Friday 28 May 2010 23:38:22 Henrik Grindal Bakken wrote:
> Henrik Grindal Bakken <> writes:
> > An update...
> >
> > Yesterday, I fiddled with this, and among other things tried to kill
> > the [lockd] and [nfsd] processes that were still running. I managed
> > to kill [lockd], but not [nfsd] (with kill -TERM or kill -KILL).
> > However, when I arrived today (after the box just sitting there for
> > the night), the [nfsd] process was gone too, and the file system
> > could be properlt umounted.
> >
> > Seems there might be some kind of timeout or grace period somewhere.
>
> Second update. It appears that after a kill -9 on [lockd] and [nfsd],
> they die within a relatively short time, but not instantly. When they
> are both dead, I can umount.

If you are using the kernel exporting then killing the daemon with -9 might
not be immediately cleaning up since some state is in the kernel and some in
the process. If that is happening then it might be taking a while for the
kernel to detect the problem and clean up.

Since the fs is busy while it is exported, you can't unmount it.

If you do this cleanly with exportfs -u ... then you should be able to unmount
yaffs.

-- Charles