Re: [Yaffs] [YAFFS2] : Mounting YAFFS2 from boot-loader

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] [YAFFS2] : Mounting YAFFS2 from boot-loader
On Thursday 17 June 2010 14:17:14 Saquib wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for your support and coperation.
>
> I am able to read files using YAFFS Direct interface.
>
> Now I want to copy a binary file e.g. XYZ into RAM's specified address.
>
> How can I get the start address of file XYZ on NAND flash with file-size
> (EOF)?

YAFFS is a file system so you need to do this using file system calls. You
cannot do a binary copy fromflash.

You need to do something like this:

unsigned char *buffer;

int load_handle = yaffs_open("filename",O_RDONLY,0);
buffer = (unsigned char *) load_address;

while ((nread = yaffs_read(load_handle,buffer,4096)) > 0)
    buffer += nread;

yaffs_close(load_handle);