[Yaffs] yaffs2 image

+ (text/html)
Author: Viswanathan, Vijay
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] yaffs2 image

Hello,

I have an old device that uses yaffs2 and it runs I need to take an
image of it so I could boot it off of it later incase I screw up my
current files.

I usually do dd if /dev/mtd1 and of nfsmount/backup-file

But unfortunately the backup-file doesn't bootup from my ppcboot.

It said that it needs the first block to be empty hence I opened the
binary file and removed the whole block but now it says bad page.

Plz help create a bootable yaffs2 image.

I used the tools ./mkyaffs2image / imagefile

But the imagefile seems to be too big and got stuck at Object 1231,
//proc/cpuinfo is a file, 1 data chunks written

Any tips and tricks is also welcome

Thanks,

Vijay.

This transmission is intended only for use by the intended
recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient you should not read, disclose copy, circulate or in any other way use the information contained in this transmission. The information contained in this transmission may be confidential and/or privileged. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this transmission including any attachments.