[Yaffs] Failure to write to an erased flash due to yaffs_Che…

+ (text/html)
Author: Max Rayskiy
To: 'yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk'
Subject: [Yaffs] Failure to write to an erased flash due to yaffs_CheckChunkErased failure
Hello,

I am developing a NAND driver for an SOC and trying to use YAFFS2 with it. Our proprietary flash controller has hardware ECC support. One problem I cannot find a solution for is how to tell yaffs to ignore ECC errors when reading pages from erased blocks.
I am getting a request for full page read with tags, and obviously for an erased block I have to return that there were uncorrectable ECC errors. I would assume that yaffs should be able to tell erased block from real ECC failure. But all I am getting is messages like

**>> yaffs chunk XXXX was not erased

My sequence was to
flash_eraseall /dev/mtd0
mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mountpoint

and then any write to the yaffs file system.

I disabled CONFIG_YAFFS_ALWAYS_CHECK_CHUNK_ERASED in kernel configuration, but that seems to have no effect on the behavior.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Max.

Conexant E-mail Firewall (Conexant.Com) made the following annotations

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."