Re: [Yaffs] loopback , power-off, and data is lost

Author: Henrik Grindal Bakken
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] loopback , power-off, and data is lost
Henrik Grindal Bakken <> writes:

> Hi Charles, and thanks for a quick reply.
>
> Here's a paste of dmesg following these commands:
> $ echo "+os" > /proc/yaffs
> $ touch /config/3
> $ sync
> <a few seconds of waiting>
> $ sync
> <poweroff>
>
>    http://fpaste.org/uumk/

> When it comes back up, the file does not exist. I also tried sync;
> sleep 4; sync, with the same result.

I have some more info.

[hgbsaturn:~] $ touch /config/6
[hgbsaturn:~] $ echo 6 > /config/6.content
[hgbsaturn:~] $ sync
[hgbsaturn:~] $ sync
[hgbsaturn:~] $ reboot -f

Logging on when it comes back up, /config/6.content exists, but
/config/6 does not. This appears to be the consistent behaviour. If
the file does not have content, it does not appear after boot.

Also, apparently, it doesn't seem to matter how much time passes
between syncs and before/after syncs. The box can stay up for hours
after the file was touched, and it will still disappear.

--
Henrik Grindal Bakken <>
PGP ID: 8D436E52