Re: [Yaffs] Does yaffs2 support NAND with 4K/8K page size no…

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Does yaffs2 support NAND with 4K/8K page size now?
You can just read the "2k" in the documentation as "2k or larger".

What flavour of yaffs are you using? yaffs in Linux or Yaffs Direct?

With Linux you need to do all the configuration in the mtd layer. ie. The
Linux mtd drivers have to know how to talk with the 4k/8k flash and then tell
yaffs what size chunks to use.

With yaffs direct you need to do something similar, but it is a bit more
manual and flexible. You set up the driver geometry to reflect the sizes.

If you can explain a bit more of what you are trying to achieve then that will
help.

Charles