[Balloon] PLEASE document your changes to the Balloon softwa…

Author: Chris Jones
To: Balloon
Subject: [Balloon] PLEASE document your changes to the Balloon software
My hair has just got a little more grey.

Working in the menuconfig2 branch, I did an svn update. Then I did the
usual make menuconfig, only to discover that the kernel version had
randomly changed. Not only that, but the one I had been using had
disappeared as an option!

Asking what was going on, I found that there's apparently a new
simple/expert mode option been introduced into menuconfig2. This is all
very well, but where, where is it documented? If I hadn't known who to
ask, I'd have wasted a load of time trying to figure out what was going on.

As a user and co-developer, I don't expect to have to reverse engineer
the system or grovel through svn logs to figure out what's changed.

A simple plea from me to the Balloon community: if you make a change
that will confuse, befuddle or otherwise affect other people, *please*
post a message to the mailing list, and/or write something in the Wiki,
saying what you've done.

Chris
--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd c/o Element Energy Ltd