Re: [Balloon] Balloon4 - progress & questions...

Author: Jonathan McDowell
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Balloon4 - progress & questions...
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 08:02:06PM +0100, Steve Wiseman wrote:
> On the subject of me despising HDMI - we do have on-chip composite &
> S-video, so low-budget monitor driving comes for free. I continue to
> struggle to see why we want HDMI. It's extra silicon, extra cost,
> extra hassle. Someone, please make a use case.

Can you do enough of HDMI to do the DVI bits, without doing the HDCP
stuff, thus making it a bit easier? Or is it all or nothing?

Composite and S-Video are pretty dire options for video display; you've
you don't expect video to happen, but neither of these really count as
useful for monitor use these days, do they?

J.

--
"Most people on techie style lists do not top post unless they are
new-to-list, clueless, or McRae." -- John Hunt