[Balloon] Accessing NOR flash from Linux

Author: Patrick Doyle
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Accessing NOR flash from Linux
Is there any way to access the NOR flash from Linux on my BalloonBoard?

I notice in balloon3.c that access to the entire NOR flash can be
compiled in when CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP is defined.

I also notice that CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP is not defined in my default build.

Before I dive too deeply into this, I thought I should ask the question.

What's the best way to access NOR flash from Linux on my BalloonBoard?
I would like to be able to download and program new FPGA images into
the NOR flash, reset the board, and see them work. (I'm not sure how
much you folks can help me with that last part :-))

--wpd