Re: [Balloon] Thank you

Author: Steve Wiseman
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Thank you
On 17/06/2011, Patrick Doyle <> wrote:

> Thank you Balloon board kernel developers (and Linux developers
> worldwide) for making this as easy as it was.

There's an awful lot of standing on the shoulders of giants, and
standing on the collective shoulders of a huge pyramid of people just
like us. Good, innit :)

> I have to say... this is the most fun I've had working on a new (to
> me) board. Thank you once again for the work you have all put into
> this.

With any luck, you're going to love Balloon4.
I quite like it already, for the most part. With any luck, it'll be
architecturally better, faster, cheaper, lower power, more
manufacturable, more open, and generally spiffier. But still
recognisably a child of balloon.
(It'll also have a decent ecosystem of hardware bolt-ons, at long,
long last. Me & my robot should be churning stuff out like there's no
tomorrow, and, with any luck, and some strategic bribery-with-beer,
third parties should join the fun. I want to see balloons with wheels,
with cameras, with wireless, with guidance fins, with tentacles, with
<ahem> frikkin lasers.)
Oh yeah. Better documentation, too!

Steve