[Yaffs] Moving Pages out from under yaffs...................…

+ (text/html)
Author: hcgoffo2@rockwellcollins.com
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Moving Pages out from under yaffs.....................
All:

I finally have our system up and running with yaffs2 as the file system,
using our own in house NAND controller. But I want to speed things up by
using some features that the hardware guys provided. One of which is
handling movement of pages (with ECC correction) when needed. The driver
would keep track of number of times a page is accessed and move the page
if needed. the driver Software can say source page, destination page (
which would be in another erased block) then the controller will move it.
But SW has the opportunity to update the spare area ( tag information) for
the new copy. So I was thinking I could somehow 'fool' the yaffs code to
think the page data is now elsewhere (Perhaps by incrementing the sequence
Number ). Any ideas, or do I need to go into some yaffs structures and
update them. ( Which I could be doing while the data is being moved by the
hardware).

This is for handling read disturb errors, which I read yaffs does not
handle yet.

Henry C Gofforth / Pr Software Engineer / Air Transport Displays Software
4
MS 131-102, Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Phone: 319-295-0373 / VPN: 295-0373 / Fax: 319-295-8100

www.rockwellcollins.com