Re: [Yaffs] Not removing all files with "rm -rf", getting "D…

Author: JoSH Lehan
To: Charles Manning
CC: YAFFS ML
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Not removing all files with "rm -rf", getting "Directory not empty" error
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Charles Manning <> wrote:
> The latest set of changes to support nfs introduced a couple of
> changes wrt readdir. At the time of editing in I was concerned this
> could impact on the busybox rm/dir issue of old, but in the end I
> forgot to test this. My bad!
>
> I don't currently have a running busybox set up that would test this.
> Could you please test with the previous version
> (03c76f6c10acaf6b8fe36e663abd9a87cf76b9de) and see if the problem goes
> away?

I rebuilt my kernel, on the ARM board, with this version of yaffs.

Works great now!

I'm running a big copy/rm testing loop, across the same directory that
gave me trouble earlier, and so far, no errors deleting any of the
files that get copied. The bug has gone away.

Thanks for your quick help on this!

Josh