Re: [Balloon] Kernel hacking workflow

Author: Hector Oron
To: Balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Kernel hacking workflow
Hi,

2011/4/4 Wookey <>:

> (hector will no doubt pop up in a minute to say 'just use git, you
> neanderthaals')

While 'git' is probably a nice tool for such purpose, I think balloon
board community is too scared to learn git (after it has been already
around for more than five years). 'git' has a worse learning curve
than 'quilt' I would suspect and sometimes, for novice users, it is
not rare to have patches end up in the git limbo. I have been thinking
on creating a 'git' tree but it would require much more bandwidth and
storage at server than current build system and after all, if you
really want to use 'git', you can do it locally, fairly easy if you
already understand 'git' and 'quilt'.

Cheers,
--

-- Day DVB-T stop working nicely