Re: [Balloon] Getting Started with BalloonBoard

Author: Patrick Doyle
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Getting Started with BalloonBoard
Continuing on...

What's the best (or even any) way to compile software to run on the
board. It seems that I should be able to build an initrd and a rootfs
from the 1.0-stable SVN tree. Is there a favorite, or recommended
cross compiler I should use? Back in the old days, the rage was to
compile the cross compiler from scratch. Is that still the route
everybody follows, or are there Debian/Ubuntu packages that work out
of the box? And what's the deal with arm vs. armel anyway?

Sorry for all of the questions... they'll slow down once my current
place & route finishes and I need to pay attention to what I'm doing
again :-)

--wpd