[Balloon] I2C troubles on Balloon 3

Author: Chris Jones
To: Balloon
Subject: [Balloon] I2C troubles on Balloon 3
Hello all,

I know some people in the Balloon community have done a lot more work
with I2C than I have. I'm now using I2C more intensively and having some
problems. It works most of the time but will more or less randomly give
up and say, 'i2c-pxa: timeout waiting for bus free'. Adding some debug
to the i2c code shows that the PXA's I2C controller is claiming to be
busy at these times. Has anyone else seen this?

My current theory is that the ratsnest of wires I'm testing with is
causing some electrical unpleasantness, which results in a bogus START
condition that the PXA's I2C controller is seeing and then waiting ad
infinitum for a STOP condition. For now, the problem seems to have gone
away after a rearrangement of scope probe earths and things, but I'm not
fully confident of having cured it.

Chris
--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd c/o Element Energy Ltd