Re: [Balloon] I2C troubles on Balloon 3

Author: Wookey
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] I2C troubles on Balloon 3
+++ Chris Jones [2011-08-17 13:31 +0100]:
> Hello all,
>
> I know some people in the Balloon community have done a lot more
> work with I2C than I have. I'm now using I2C more intensively and
> having some problems. It works most of the time but will more or
> less randomly give up and say, 'i2c-pxa: timeout waiting for bus
> free'. Adding some debug to the i2c code shows that the PXA's I2C
> controller is claiming to be busy at these times. Has anyone else
> seen this?

No, or at least not that I've noticed. My solar controller is using
I2C down about 60cm of unshielded wire and has generally been
reliable. It does sometimes jam up but I think that's at the 1-wire or
OWFS level, not I2C, although it's hard to be sure.

This is all with a very old kernel now (2.6.26 or so and OABI) so may
not be directly relevant to current experience. PaulF is the real I2C
expert.

Wookey
--
Principal hats: Linaro, Emdebian, Wookware, Balloonboard, ARM
http://wookware.org/