[Yaffs] Is it possible to format a USB as YAFFS2?

+ (text/html)
Author: S. K.
To: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk, cdhmanning@gmail.com, manningc2@actrix.gen.nz
Subject: [Yaffs] Is it possible to format a USB as YAFFS2?
Hello!

Usually we can format a USB with "mkfs" command. this command can use to format a USB as ext2, ext3 , ... .
I think there is something similar for YAFFS like 'mkfs.yaffs2'. My guess is true and there is such a file but this executable file only convert a directory to image!

I can not understand why it is useful for formatt a USB!?

Is it possible to format a USB as YAFFS2 with that file? If not, What is the way to do that?

as I mentioned before, I searched a lot even in the YAFFS website But nothing found. It is a good time to explain about it for me and anyone with the same problem.

Thanks.