Re: [Yaffs] umount YAFFS2 block: the used NAND space was inc…

+ (text/html)
Author: Ketil Froyn
To: albhuang
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] umount YAFFS2 block: the used NAND space was increased
If you set yaffs_auto_checkpoint to 0 it sounds like it'll write a
checkpoint on unmount, so it wouldn't need to check the whole NAND on boot
(if you do clean unmounts on shutdown). If you're aiming to save space, it
might be worth trying 0 instead of the default 1, sounds like you'll get
fewer checkpoints that way.

There's also this, from the link I posted:

skipCheckpointWrite
Yaffs2 only: Flag to skip writing checkpoint on sync or unmount.

That should probably get rid of all checkpoints if that's what you want,
but since it's only listed under "Initialisation Parameters", maybe you
have to set this on file system creation. Not even sure how, though.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but my knowledge of yaffs2 is very
theoretical, I have little practical experience using it. Charles would be
the authority on this stuff.

Regards, Ketil