[Balloon] menuconfig2 build question

Author: Chris Jones
To: Balloon
Subject: [Balloon] menuconfig2 build question
A quick dependency question.

I'm fiddling with some files deep in the kernel -
/arch/arm/mach-pxa/mfp-pxa2xx.c for example - and having real trouble
getting the menuconfig2 build procedure to take any notice.

I make my change (note, it's just for hardware debugging, so the
relevant file isn't included in any of the balloon3 patches and quilt
knows nothing about it) and type make at the top level. Precisely no
notice of my change is taken. Why not?

Must I include my change in a patch?

Typing make in the kernel build directory asks me lots of scary config
questions and thus feels like I shouldn't be doing it.

The only fix I've had so far is:
quilt pop -a
rm ../quilt.stamp

and then remake, but that throws away the 'g-ether old kernel RNDIS
compatibility mode' config which is a huge time-waster for those of us
with older kernels in our not-quite-up-to-date Debian systems. Yes, I
should update, but that will inevitably create a whole load more grief...

Thank you
Chris
--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd c/o Element Energy Ltd