Re: [Balloon] Balloon4 - progress & questions...

Author: Peter Clifton
To: steve
CC: balloon, pjgl2
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Balloon4 - progress & questions...
On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 08:04 +0100, Steve Wiseman wrote:
> On Tue 24/05/11 07:16 , "P.J.G. Long" <> wrote:

> (I'm trying to think of a time when you'd want both Balloon's FPGA
> resource, and a genuine framebuffered, pixel-painting display on a TV,
> and I can't. Something that needed the 3D graphics engine of the OMAP,
> on a projector, maybe?)

The only case I could think of was an industrial control application
(not one I'm perusing at the moment) where I was interested in using an
off the shelf LCD screen to display status on some power electronics
systems.

The Balloon was a contender for the embedded processor, but you are
right - that one would have to be careful not to let the graphics swamp
things.

As a "might be relevant" argument, the Begale board has an HDMI
connector (which actually talks DVI). Whilst its not the hard use-case
you asked for, if it meant a user not choosing Beagle over Balloon, that
would presumably be some sort of win.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton